Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Things I learned on my 10.5 mile ride today




- riders in the 30y/o and under crowd will not acknowledge you...ever
- wind still sucks
- riders in my age group will acknowledge you but only if your bikes are similar and the rider is female
- 10.5 miles still ain't no joke
- riders in my parents age group will not only acknowledge you they will smile as they do it (I like this age group the best)
- recumbent bike riders all look like my father and only acknowledge you if they are my father's age
- you don't have to do the spider web on my face ninja dance riding at the park
- 11 mph winds are stronger than you think (you think, not me, cuz I already know they are strong)
- you have to pedal 5 miles from the gas station on SH6 & Briar Forest to get to the best part of the ride...shade
- walkers regardless of the age or gender will acknowledge you with a smile, a wave, and a 'good morning'
- recumbent bike riders are way too serious while looking that silly - sit up for pete sake, you can nap later
- joggers do not acknowledge you - probably too busy bein in pain...least that's what their face indicates...zero joy there
- shade is awesome and makes you want to pedal faster
- the last 2.5 miles of my ride should count double since the wind was trying to push me backwards the entire way
- Starbucks tastes better when you earn it

No comments:

Post a Comment