Sunday, May 24, 2015

CycloFemme 2015

Today was the third anniversary of the ride that started it all and my first ride with RA, which of course was trying to flare *eye roll*
When I first started riding this was the ride that showed me I could do more than I thought, ride further than I'd ever ridden, encouraged me to push myself, and gave me the courage participate in other rides. RA was not keeping me from this ride!
As usual we started (and ended) at Happy Fatz in the Heights


That's where the similarities ended - the route has been different each year.  This year we used the Heights Hike & Bike Trail, passed by Minute Maid Park and the Toyota Center, then stopped in the museum district at the Houston Bicycle Museum

After a good rest it was time to head back.  
I had been contemplating leaving with the 20 mile group but my RA and the ride organizers had other plans.  My RA said "Stick with the 10 mile route, you only have 5 miles left of that one and I'm gonna make your wrist hurt the entire way"  RA can be so bitchy!  
The ride organizers are the ones that really made the choice for me - they announced the 20 mile ride was going to be for those that ride 15mph+ and well that's not me even on a super good day! LOL
Back on our bikes we rode out of the museum district onto Main St, through West University Place, and back into the Heights to Happy Fatz.  I really enjoyed this year's route, riding through downtown and on streets I'd never ride on alone still gives me a thrill.

CycloFemme year 3 - complete.
A short video of my ride

No comments:

Post a Comment