Saturday, December 28, 2013

Maiden Voyage



What an amazing ride!!!
I could feel the 15 pound difference. I knew there would be a difference, I mean with 15 pounds less weight there would have to be. I guess I just didn't expect it to be so blatantly obvious!
I didn’t pedal with any more effort on my new Trek then I did on my Specialized - the ride was easier and the difference in speed was very noticeable.
I did 10.3 miles in 51.5 minutes! The times on my splits were faster then I have ever gone, a lot of them were under five minutes and those that were over were only over by a few seconds – I was haulin butt!
Speaking of butts mine didn't hurt any more or less than it did on my other seat - most noticeable and welcomed difference on my body was no tingling in my toes or hands around mile 8.  Will still have to adjust to the lean forward posture but I don't think that will be too difficult

By way of comparison
The same route, almost the same time of day

Specialized
Trek
Average speed
9.07 mph
12 mph
Average pace
6.37 min/mi
5 min/mi

I was so busy marveling at the awesomeness of my new bike I neglected to make any "bike ride observations" - maybe tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment