Friday, December 27, 2013

My New Baby

Today was the day!  I picked up my new bike!
I ended up getting the same brand, Trek, but a different model then the one Santa's Elves had looked at.  Not a lot of differences – right shifter only goes to 7 instead of 8, the pedals are plastic instead of metal – neither of those things make a difference in my riding right now.  The model I got only came in black, a non issue for me even though the tidal green color of the other model would have been fun to have. They weigh the same, have the same basic frame design – the model I got allows me to sit up a bit more, not upright like my Specialized but not so far forward that my wrist/arms will hurt.
This bike is 15 pounds lighter then my Specialized! 15!

I knew the seat needed to be replaced before I left the store, my butt was getting sore just sittin on it while the Bike Barn guy adjusted this n that to my levels

I picked out a nice cushy seat

Seat changed out, more adjustments made – my new baby was ready to ride
Well cept I wanted to get pedal cages…I’m not at the “clip to your pedal” level of riding yet.  Pedal cages are like the training wheels of the pedal clip world, therefore appropriate for me!

Oh and I needed a water bottle cage…lots of cages in the bike world huh? LOL

Everything changed out, attached, adjusted, bill paid – time to put my new ride in the truck and head home.
Only bummer - I have to wait til tomorrow to ride due to previous obligations *sigh*
Thank you Burt - you were a great help and very patient

No comments:

Post a Comment