Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Spin


Absolutely gorgeous day for a ride - sun was shining, air was crisp, and I had a new bike to ride!
Yesterday by the end of the ride I was pretty proficient gettin my feet in and out of the pedal cages, today was no different - well cept for the fact that I didn't have to look down to get my foot back in place - Go me!
I started out on my usual route but instead of going all the way down to 90 I turned left at Jess Pirtle Blvd and headed toward Sugar Mill Park - saw my park, made the loop at the cul de sac rode back out of the subdivision and headed over to Stadium Dr.  I'd ridden up that road before but never all the way to the stadium, home of the Sugar Land Skeeters. 
Let me say if you ever want to feel like a little kid on your bike go to Skeeter Stadium's parking lot when it's empty and ride your heart out!  The parking lot has an incline that's just steep enough that you won't have to struggle gettin to the top and can have a blast flyin to the bottom!  I did it twice! First time I did big swerves comin down then raced back to the top and just flew straight down the lot out onto the street and headed toward home - what a rush! And yes, yes I was hootin, hollerin, and being childish the entire time - it was fantastic!!
The rest of the ride I behaved as a good cyclist should and arrived home safe n sound.
My average speed and pace as well as my total time were almost identical to yesterday - my new bike really is faster! *wink*


No comments:

Post a Comment