Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mommy's Bike


Today is the 14th and as you know my bike has been in the shop since the 8th - I have not been a happy girl!
I was finally able to go out for a ride this morning thanks to my Mom lending me her bike.  I know, way cool of her huh? Since we have the same model bike there wasn't too much difference between our bikes.

Well there were a few things...

Like the bell - OMG it was so cute! *ding*ding ding* I swear I sang "You Can Ring My Bell" *ding* for at least half my ride! LOL
Mom needs the bell since her riding environment is littered with pedestrians (such problems those pedestrians, always jogging & walking in the way *giggle*)
My riding environment is littered with large motor vehicles...a bell *ding* would have no effect.

Mom's bike has a smaller frame - sat on her seat and my feet were flat on the ground with my knees ever so slightly bent - had to raise the seat a bit - pretty sure that's why Dad marked her seat position with tape.
With a smaller frame comes less weight - damn near slung it out of the truck when I offloaded it, I was expecting a weight closer to my own bike! Surprise! LOL

Funny enough Mom's saddle squeaks - my saddle squeaks - hers has a different sound and adjusting my butt didn't make it stop - depending on where I sit on my saddle dictates whether the squeak is present or not - I was going to WD-40 Mom's saddle when I got home but wasn't sure if she liked her squeak, they do have a rhythm. Mine says 'Go Girl, Go Girl!' Mom's sounded more like 'Ride it, Ride it' or maybe that was 'ribbit, ribbit' - either way WD-40 is Dad's job now.

While Mom does not have a headlight (refer back to riding environments) she does have a nifty mileage 'computer'...I don't know how it works so I couldn't play with it *sigh*
It did automatically read out my MPH tho - that was cool.

Oh and we match with our bike combinations...kinda sorta not really in a way
OK well I thought it was kinda funny, how many mothers and daughters do you know that do that kind of stuff without planning it?  Oh never mind.

Anyway despite the differences it rode the way I knew it would...just like mine. It felt so good to be out riding again. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment